Open Competition on Saturday - Public Auction 1:00 PM
Sponsored By: Patterson Fruit Farm of Chesterland, Ohio and Auxiliary
(No prior entry required)
Class 1 - 24 years and under
Class 2 - 25 years to 50 years
Class 3 - 51 years and over
Prizes in each class: 1st - $10.00, 2nd - $8.00, 3rd - $5.00
RULES FOR COMPETITION
- Must be made with fresh apples - (only apples).
- Two crust pie required.
- No purchased, ready-made crusts.
- Must be baked in a disposable, 8 or 9 inch aluminum foil pan only (no metal or glass pans).
Reminder: Aluminum foil pans require approximately 15 minutes longer cooking time.
- Past Grand Champion winners are eligible for competition after 3 years.
- Bring to and enter at the Domestic Arts Hall 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Saturday.
- Winners will be announced on PA system.
- Apple pies will be sold during a public auction at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday held at the Vernon Howard Band Pavilion. All proceeds to benefit the Auxiliary Fund.
- All winners will be given their awards during the public auction.
- Pies judged and sold at judge’s discretion of quality