Monday, September 5, 2016 - contest starts at 3:00 P.M.
Hosted by tbd
Registration at 2:30 p.m.
Located: Indoor Arena
Directors in Charge: Keith Chapman and Cheryl Carr
Contest Registration & Information
- Make entries at 2:30 p.m.
- NO entry fee
- Two hundred fifty dollars ($250) will be paid to the person whose frog breaks the world record jump.
- World Record is 32 ft., 3 in. made at Cape Town, South Africa on January 16, 1954.
- The Great Geauga County Fair Record is 14 ft., 8 in.
- First place, $30.00, will be paid to the person whose frog jumps the farthest at The Great Geauga Fair.
- Second place, $20.00
- Third place, $10.00.
- One dollar ($1.00) will be awarded each contestant who enters a frog in the contest.
- Frogs to be entered in the contest should be transported and held until jumping time in a suitable closed container (properly bedded down on wet grass or other suitable material).
- One frog per person.
- Contestants must be 18 years of age and under.
- Frog can compete one time.
- Frogs will start their jumps from a designated starting circle.
- The distance each frog jumps will be measured on a straight line from the starting point on the pad to the point the frog lands on the 3rd jump.
- Decisions of the judge will be final.
- Owners may nudge frog to start first jump. He may not touch frog at any time thereafter until jumping is completed.
- Warning: Any frog found to have been artificially stimulated will be positively disqualified.
- Area Frogs Only. No Imported Varieties.