SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2017
Contest starts at 4:00 PM
Located: Small Arena
Director in Charge: David Parker
Register at the contest tables between 3:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Participants should bring roosters in cages which may be covered until the contest begins at 4:00 p.m.
- Only one rooster will be permitted in each cage.
- No other bird may accompany competing bird during the contest.
- A judge will be assigned to each rooster to tally the number of times the bird crows in 15 minutes after cages are uncovered.
- You may leave top of cage covered during contest.
- Rooster may be of any breed, any age. Please bring papers to show that roosters have been tested for Pullorum.
- Your roosters can be tested 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. Wednesday at the Poultry Barn.
- Awards will be made for bird crowing most times in 15 minutes as follows: First $15.00; Second $10.00; Third $5.00, and $1.00 for each bird that is entered.
- An extra $5.00 for the first place bird if he crows more than 49 times - Great Geauga County Fair Record. The new fair record of 49 crows is by Chatterbox in 2012, owned by Justin Glinski.
- Limit: 2 birds per owner.
- Owner to furnish cages and covers.
- Suggest that cage be twice as tall as rooster.